- The selection is open until the 28th of February 2020.
- Each author can subscribe no more than 4 work pieces. In any case, no more than one piece per author will be selected.
- The short films must have a maximum length of 29 minutes
- The work and all related materials can be submitted through video link to the following address: email@example.com, or on the Filmfreeway and Festhome platforms.
- If the short film/films is/are neither spoken nor subtitled in the Italian language, it is mandatory to send as an attachment a copy of the English dialogues, so that they can be translated
The 2020 edition of the Lucca Film Festival & Europa Cinema requires a registration fee to the international short film competition.
- The registration fee amounts to: 10 Euros for 1 short film, 15 Euros for two short films, 25 Euros for three short films, 30 Euros for four short films.
NB: to benefit from the aforementioned discounts, it is required to enter one’s own short films via bank transfer or through Paypal.
- The payment can be made via bank transfer to MONTE DEI PASCHI DI SIENA IBAN: IT 45 O 01030 13710 000000117654 or via dedicated Paypal; in both cases, the purpose of the payment must be specified as: “Short film competition registration”.
- Once the short film/films has/have been registered, the fee cannot be paid back.
The work piece and all related materials can be sent through the following portals:
The organization agrees to inform the participants, through an official announcement on the website of the festival (www.luccafilmfestival.it) and on the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/luccafilmfest/), before the 27th of March 2020, the decisions of the selection committee.
In the event that the submitted short film is accepted to the 2020 edition of the Lucca Film Festival & Europa Cinema, LFFEC is granted the right to use short excerpts for promotional purposes.
Jury Award for best short film: 500 Euros.
Student Jury Award for best short film.
Entry to the competition implies the acceptance to the rules in all their parts, authorization for public viewing for which the author will not receive royalties or rights of any kind or in any way, and the correctness of all required information.
COPYRIGHT & LEGAL TERMS
By entering your film for consideration to the 2020 Lucca Film Festival and Europa Cinema, you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein.
The submitter and all filmmakers associated with the project shall indemnify and hold harmless the Lucca Film Festival and Europa Cinema, Associazione Vis(s)ta Nova and any representative or affiliates from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the entered screening videos.
For all information, the contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.