In collaboration with the Sofidel Group
- The selection is open until 28th July 2023.
- Each author can enter with no more than 4 work pieces. In any case, no more than one piece per author will be selected.
- Short films must have a maximum length of 29 minutes.
- Short films shall not date back to years prior to 2021.
- Short films must deal with green issues related to environmental protection.
- It is possible to register films in any language, including interactive short films.
- The work and all related materials can be submitted through video link to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or on the platforms Filmfreeway and Festhome.
- If the short film or films are neither spoken nor subtitled in Italian, it is mandatory to send as an attachment a copy of the English dialogues, to allow for the creation of subtitles.
The 2023 edition of the Lucca Film Festival requires a registration fee to participate in the international short film competition.
- The registration fee amounts to: 10 Euros for 1 short film, 15 Euros for two short films, 25 Euros for three short films, 30 Euros for four short films.
To receive the aforementioned discounts, it is required to register the short films by paying via bank transfer or Paypal.
- The payment can be made via bank transfer to:
Associazione Vi(s)ta Nova ETS
Bank: Monte dei Paschi di Siena
IBAN: IT 45 O 01030 13710 000000117654
Purpose of the payment must be specified as: “Registration to LFF for future competition”
- Or via dedicated PayPal via the following link:
Also in this case the purpose of the payment must be specified as: “Registration to LFF for future competition”
- Once the short film or films have been registered, the fee cannot be refunded.
The work piece and all related materials can be sent through the portals indicated below or, as an alternative, the film and all the related material can be sent as a link (without a time limit, if possible) to the following address: email@example.com together with the payment receipt by bank transfer or Paypal.
The organization agrees to inform the participants, through an official announcement on the website of the festival (www.luccafilmfestival.it) of the decisions of the selection committee by 15th September 2023.
In case the submitted short film is accepted to the 2023 edition of the Lucca Film Festival (LFF), the right to use short excerpts for promotional purposes is granted.
Jury Award for best short film: 1,000 Euros.
By entering the competition, participants accept all the rules in all their parts, authorize for public viewing for which the author will not receive royalties or rights of any kind or in any way, and guarantee the accuracy of all the required information.
COPYRIGHT & LEGAL TERMS
By entering the film or films for consideration to the 2023 Lucca Film Festival, you authorize the Festival to screen said works and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. The submitter and all filmmakers associated with the project shall safeguard and indemnify the Lucca Film Festival, Associazione Vi(s)ta Nova and any representative or affiliate from and against all potential claim, liability, loss, damage, and expense (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of copyright claim, trademark, credit, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the films presented.
To request any further information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org